Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thursday, October 8, 2015



Its Thursday! woot. 
I actually kinda like Thursday. I don't even know why, but I do. I'm so thankful for 
We have a lot to get done today, so I want to get started and not play around ok? 

For History I would like to hear your thoughts on the video you watched yesterday. We're also going to make a "cause/effect" chart to show the impact of the introduction of Europeans to the west had on the natives that were here at the time. 

For Science, do the chart I told you to do yesterday, then try for a better score on the practice section of the chapter on organelles. 

For writing, do the Daily 10 topic: 
Life is Good
Describe a perfect way for you and a group of friends to celebrate life.

Finish writing your supporting sentences for your persuasive paper that you were supposed to do yesterday and show them to me so that they can be edited. 

In XtraMath, I'm moving you on from addition to subtraction. You'll take the placement test today. Subtraction should go much more quickly because you know all the addition facts. Just remember that facts live in families. For example: 
1+2=3
2+1=3
3-2=1
3-1=2
This set of problems uses the same three digits, just rearranged into different problems. That's all you'll have to remember when you're doing subtraction.  What is 4-3? Well, 3+?=4. 1 right? Because all of those digits are in the same family. Easy as pie. 
For Reading you and I are going to read the next three chapters together-so chapters 18-20.  On Friday we'll read chapters 21-23. You and I can take turns reading. On Monday you can finish up chapters 24-26. 

For Spelling study your words for your test tomorrow. 

For life skills we're going to set up a tent and get it ready to pack for camping! :D

I've enjoyed my week off with you. I know its not over yet, but I feel like its going so fast!! 

I love you so very much, and remember....



No comments:

Post a Comment