Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I am just going to jump to the assignments today: 

History-Today we're learning about Ferdinand Magellen. Watch this video and read about him. He is the first to sail around the world. Add his information to your chart.

Math- XtraMath

Science- Practice questions 

Spelling-Write a sentence with each of the following words. Bonus if you can make them into a story!
exasperation   exhilarate   falter   foresight    fragrance   furtive    grueling     gusto   habitation  hasten
Use the definitions here to help you.

Writing-Today we're going to start a new kind of writing. We're going to start descriptive writing today. When we write descriptively, we use all the senses, hearing, touch, taste, smell, sight. You don't just tell your reader what is going on, you show them. Today we're going to play a little show and tell. I'm going to give you a simple sentence, and you give me a descriptive sentence that says the same thing, just with more detail.  Here's an example:

Simple Sentence                                                                       Descriptive Sentence

I was happy.                                                                  I skipped all the way home, humming songs in
                                                                                            my head.

Ok, here are your simple sentences:

The house was a mess.

We lost. I was sad.

I was really scared.

She was angry.

Give me a descriptive sentence for each one of these simple sentences.

Reading-I have another book on the way. Continue reading whatever you like today for at least 30 min.

Life Skills- continue in your Lifepac


I know this isn't a fun blog, but I'm tired and I'm afraid that tomorrow may be a rough one with James sick. Please keep him in your prayers!

I love you so so much, and remember:





No comments:

Post a Comment